Mogami W2330 Interconnect Wire
The Mogami name is synonymous with high quality and is used worldwide in the best recording studios. With a diameter of only 3mm / 0.118 inches, this cable was designed for excellent sound in a compact package. Using high purity copper shielding ensures very low noise, while the high purity copper center conductor conveys ultimate tone. Special nylon tensile strengtheners inside the conductor yield mechanical strength that is much higher than any comparable diameter cable. The cross-linked polyethylene dielectric is heat resistant and will not shrink as quickly as pvc. If you want the best wire to go from your front panel controls to your preamp tubes, then this is it. Another cool aspect of this cable is it uses low noise cross link poly insulation, so is relatively non microphonic in high impedance circuits...like tube amps.
Price is Per Foot
The best for shielded connections, input to grid, or long runs. Easy to work with.
reviewed by: Jp
Easy to work with. The best wire I have used for preamp wiring
reviewed by: Mark
Nice for isolating low-level signals from stray noise inside the amp chassis.
reviewed by: Bryan
- Part No.: W2330
- No. of Conductor: 1
- Conductor Details: 16/0.08 A
- Conductor Size(mm2): 0.08mm2(#28 AWG)
- Insulation Ov.Dia.(mm): 1.5Ø (0.059")
- Insulation Material: LNXLPE (Low Noise Cross - Linked polyethylene)
- Insulation Color: Clear
- Served Shield: Approx. 36/0.12A
- Jacket Ov. Dia.(mm): 3.0Ø (0.118")
- Jacket Material: Flexible PVC
- Jacket Color: Black
- Roll Sizes: 100m (328Ft) or 200m (656Ft)
- Weight per 200m Roll: 2.5kg
ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Part No.: W2330
- DC Resistance at 20°C Inner Cond.: 0.23O/m(0.070O/Ft)
- DC Resistance at 20°C Shield: 0.05O/m(0.015O/Ft)
- Capacitance at 1kHz, 20°C (Partial C. Value): 115pF/m(35pF/Ft)
- Inductance between conductors at 1kHz. 20°C: 0.3µH/m(0.092µH/Ft)
- Electrostatic Noise**: 50mV Max.
- Electromagnetic Noise**: 0.05mV Max.
- Microphonics at 50KW Load**: 300mV Max.
- Voltage Breakdown: Must withstand at DC 500V/15sec.
- Insulation Resistance 100000 MO × m: Min. at DC 125V, 20°C
- Flex Life**: 15,500 cycles
- Tensile Strength: 255N
- Emigration: Non-emigrant to ABS
- Applicable Temperature: -20°C~+70°C(-4°F~ +158°F)
* Patial Capacitance
** Using standard testing methods of Mogami Wire & Cable Corp.