Mogami W2582 Low Cost High Performance Superflexible Balanced Microphone Cable
A specially developed high performance yet economical series of low impedance balanced microphone cables. These cables are small in size and special rubber - like PVC jacket is extremely flexible and exhibits good resistance to rough handling and abrasion.
High grade insulation material is designed to minimize heat shrinkage during soldering which allows easy termination to XLR type connectors.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Purchased...
Even though this is microphone cable I find that it is a very high quality cable to use in many different applications. I have used it to make power cable adapters for my bench power supply with excellent results as it also provides a shield as a ground point if needed. I have also used it to make many different cables for my vintage bench signal generators, capacitor testers, and other equipment where a shield is needed to filter out interference. It is very easy to solder and adapt to any number of connectors. Aloha
reviewed by: Randy
- Part No.: W2582
- No. of Conductor: 2
- Conductor Details: 12/0.12 A
- Conductor Size(mm²): 0.135mm² (#26 AWG)
- Insulation Ov. Dia.(mm): 1.5Ø (0.059")
- Insulation Material: LNXLPE (Low Noise Cross-Linked Polyethylene)
- Served Shield: Approx. 67/0.12A
- Jacket Ov. Dia.(mm): 6.0ì (0.236")
- Jacket Material: Flexible PVC
- Weight per 200m Roll : 9kg
ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Part No.: W2582
- DC Resistance at 20°C Inner Conductor: 0.14W/m(0.043W/Ft)
- DC Resistance at 20°C Shield: 0.003W/m(0.009W/Ft)
- Capacitance at 1kHz, 20°C: (Partial C. Value) K0 90pF/m(27pF/Ft)
- Capacitance at 1kHz, 20°C: (Partial C. Value) K1 10pF/m(3pF/Ft)
- Inductance between conductors at 1kHz. 20°C: 0.8µH/m(0.24µH/Ft)
- Electrostatic Noise**: 50mV Max.
- Electromagnetic Noise**: 0.15mV Max.
- Microphonics at 50KW Load**: 30mV Max.
- Voltage Breakdown: Must withstand at DC 500V/15sec.
- Insulation Resistance: 100000 MW × m Min. at DC 125V, 20°C
- Flex Life**: 13,800 cycles
- Tensile Strength: 441N
- Emigration: Non-emigrant to ABS
- Applicable Temperature: -20°C‾ +70°C(-4°F‾ +158°F)
** Using standard testing methods of Mogami Wire & Cable Corp.
* Partial Capacitance