Tweed 5F1 Vacuum Tube Amp Kit
This is the perfect kit for both a first project as well as for the seasoned builder. This kit, which includes everything you'll need to complete the amp, can be constructed in one or two evenings with astounding results.
Here are some reviews and pictures of happy kit builders with their TubeDepot.com Tube Kits
With a nod to the late 50's era tweed 5F1, this is much more than just a common reproduction. With superior components and updated layouts, this amp just sounds better. From its near zero noise floor to its full bodied tonal clarity, this amp is perfect in the studio and on stage. If you are a guitarist or harmonica player, this kit will provide you with great construction fun and unsurpassed tweed tone. This amp was meant to be played often and kept forever...and your audiences will rejoice.
>>>Power transformer tapped for export to all countries.<<<
This great kit can be customized by you with upgraded parts. Or it can be ordered without the cabinet and / or speaker. Let us give you a quote.
It is sometimes necessary for TubeDepot.com to substitute certain parts contained in a kit without prior notification. This is most often due to parts availability and/or to improve the performance of the kit. All substitutions are made with careful thought and we gladly encourage questions regarding parts substitutions you may have received.
Make sure to read some of the Kit Reviews from our customers.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
I LOVE the 5F1 kit: This was really enjoyable to build, and I had the benefit of a pro adviser to help me when I had questions, so I can even say it was easy. I am going to go as far as to say it sounds really fantastic. I use this amp almost all the time now, and with an attenuator, I can crank it all the way up and play at bedroom levels with the crunchy tube tone I crave, without disturbing the neighbors. It is every bit as great sounding as my Victoria REGAL. If you don't know what that amp is, it is all tube, has a variable power output all the way up to 35W, driven through a 15" speaker with reverb and tremolo. Obviously, this Champ kit is only 5 W, and doesn't even have an EQ (or any other frills whatsoever) and YEAH, it sounds THAT good. Rich harmonics, great crunch when cranked, sounds clean at level 3 or below, and responds well to the volume knob on your guitar. It is incredible. BUY IT!
reviewed by: Bobby Bellpepper
This is really a superb kit! I have assembled electronic kits for over 50 years, including Knight Kits from Allied Radio and HeathKit. I did not think I would ever see a kit as nice those once made by these now long gone companies. But Tube Depot has surpassed anything I have ever seen before. Components are all good quality and every single part is individually packaged and marked. Printed instructions were included, which I was not expecting. The instructions are excellent. My amp passed all tests and worked perfectly the first time I turned it on. The sound is superb, much nicer than the Vox AC15 which I purchased fully assembled. I don't really need another guitar amplifier, but this little 5 watt practice amp is so nice and was such a pleasure to build, I will probably end up buying another of your kits anyway! I will probably sell the AC15 and replace it with one of Tube Depot's larger British style amps with a 12 inch speaker cabinet. Do not hesitate to buy this kit! You will not be disappointed.
reviewed by: Kevin Holloway
Standard Edition Includes:
- Tubes - Single JJ/Tesla 6V6 and 12AX7, and a Sovtek 5Y3GT rectifier tube.
- Resistors - Low noise, high tolerance carbon film and metal oxide resistors.
- Coupling capacitors - High voltage, full clarity metalized polypropylene capacitors.
- Electrolytic capacitors - High temperature, tight tolerance electrolytic filter capacitors.
- Wire - High temperature, high voltage stranded wire. Easy to work with and resists melting.
- Output Transformer - USA made with connections for either 4 or 8 ohm speaker cabinets.
- Power Transformer - USA made traditional construction with high temperature wire. Taps for: 100V / 117V / 220V / 230V / 240V
- On board global feedback adjustment for modifying the amp's response to your liking.
- Speaker - Ultra efficient Jensen MOD 8-20 for the highest volume and clearest tone.
- Cabinet - 3/4" solid pine with full finger joints for strongest construction.
- Baffle board - Void and resonant free birch plywood provides tightest low end response.
- Back Panel - Fully shielded to further reject 60 Hz hum.
- Chassis - Fully chromed and printed reproduction of original.
- Speaker jack - 1/4" for easily connecting to other speaker configurations.
- Printed Circuit Board - 1/16" rugged glass epoxy board with oversized circuit traces and onboard shielding to keep tone at maximum and noise at minimum. Circuit traces follow the original layout to duplicate wiring and component tonal effects.